Thursday, January 31, 2013

Green living

We're making progress.

Met with two of my bridesmaids on Tuesday and spent Wednesday recruiting another one and scouting our location.

Alexandra - Brian's brother Ian's fiance. Follow that one....Besides graciously allowing us to get married at her house and offering up nearly everything in the book, she's also taken on the task of being one of my bridesmaids. She's one of the sweetest people I know. When I think of her, I think of home, I think of Milwaukee friendships and fun. I think of family. One of the things about getting older, settling down, is growing your family in ways you never thought about before. You don't just join your significant other's family, you join that family's friend's family. I love Aly's parents, and her friend Kelly. I love her neighbor, who happened to stop by while we were scouting the place last night and offered to help us clean it out and get ready for the wedding. I love her grandma. I love that she's my partner in crime.

So location. I was not using my brain and totally didn't even think to take pictures. But I'm in love with the location. If I could have had an unlimited budget, I still would have picked something like this. On the property there is a big office building. It has concrete floors, great for dancing, and for keeping cool in the summer. Wood beams and posts that provide some great atmosphere and design.

I met with Jenn and Katerina on Tuesday. Jenn has the hook ups. She got our mutual friend to agree to do our pictures - for free. We're also having family members take some pictures - we're blessed to have some very talented friends and family members. But I didn't want a cousin or aunt to be stuck behind the camera all night long. Current plan is friend, Emily is taking all pictures. Then additionally will assign one part of the day - getting ready, ceremony, reception, guests, etc - to a family member. I love that people who know Brian and I will be helping us capture the day.

Jenn also has liquor connections, catering connections, hair and DJ connections. Networking on a budget is key!!!

Katerina is going to make my wedding binder, as I'm woefully behind on planning things.

My sister has currently decided to not be one of my bridesmaids. The decision was very difficult on me, but I understand her and love her and can't wait to have her here for the wedding.

Things I need to start working on:  - dresses! food. I've thought about grilling part of the food and then catering some other parts. Need to work on pricing that out. SAVE THE DATES and guest list. definitely need to get going on this so that we can appropriately price out things for food and chairs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment